Allyson

Sunday, June 19, 2005

Just getting home from work... I once found a list of don't do's when ordering ice cream on Leslie's blog and have decided to add to it after today.

- Be polite. You teach your kids that "gimme gimme never gets" yet you still think it's okay to tell me "gimme ice cream." What are you, two?

- If you're even slightly nice to me, I'll bend over backwards to make you happy. Once your rude to me, forget it, all bets are now off.

- If it takes longer than thirty seconds for you to get your order don't be pissed at me. I'd get it to you sooner, but I assumed you wanted "ice cream" in your cone, and not milk. It does take our machine about a minute to actually FREEZE the ice cream.

- Please don't ask me "how much is that" immediately after ordering 6 or 7 things. I have to add it all up by hand, and contrary to popular belief, I cannot do that in my head in less than 2 seconds. So if you will wait maybe 15 seconds, I promise I will tell you how much everything costs. Trust me, I am not planning on letting you leave without charging you.

- If you are lonely and need to talk, I don't want you to come talk to me two minutes before closng time at 9:58. There are phone lines. Call them and waste their time.

- If you have children under 5 and you think it would be cute to send them up to order for your family of 5, think again, please. They will run back to the car at least 3 times before they know what they want. Do us all a favor and get up off your ass and do it yourself.

- On the subject of kids, if you think it's cute when your 2 year old takes 3 minutes to decide whether she wants "white" or "brown" ice cream, it's not. I don't think so, and neither do the 3 people waiting in line behind you.

- Don't assume that if you are short a couple of dollars that I will just give you what you ordered. When you're dealing with orders under ten dollars I don't feel I should cut you any slack because you "only have $5 and don't want to go back to the bank" and want 7 or 8 dollars worth of stuff. Come on now.

- I do not work at Dairy Queen. I work at the Dairy Royal. Not connected in the least. Which is why we don't carry any of their products. And when you ask *why* we don't have ice cream cakes like DQ does, and I say because we're *not* DQ, that should be enough to answer your question.

*sigh*

I feel soooooooo much better.

Hmm. So tomorrow off to the big city of Charlottetown. I am having withdrawals. It must be what, like a week and a half since I've been there last :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home