Allyson

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Why is it to get a job you need experience, but to get experience you need a job?

It's a very difficult concept for me to grasp. When I finish this course I will have lots of experience transcribing, which is what I want to do. I will even have spent time on the job training to develop my skill. Yet no one wants to be the one to hire an entry level transcriptionist. They all want someone who has a year's experience. Which I can't get without someone giving me a chance.

Today has been one of those lazy days. I couldn't wake up this morning and I missed my drive to Charlottetown. I should have taken my car down, however, I didn't have enough cash to buy gas to get me there and back. So I went back to sleep, with plans of getting lots of work done today. I woke up at 12. And got nothing done all day. Sigh.

I watched CSI tonight, where one of the guys was buried alive and it will undoubtedly give me nightmares. I hate that. If I watch anything like that before bed, I dream about it all night. It's enough for me not to want to go to sleep...

Currently Wishing: I had the funds to travel to Europe for my birthday this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home